2nd feb 08....in Mumbai..


The cars at display


The press conference




It was a day of surprise when my art talent was recognized at 10.30p.m. in between an important telephonic conversation by my boss. He forwarded me a small cute car's image at my e-mail i.d.

Next morning he demands the printouts of the same, and after lunch he asks me if i wish to paint a big scale painting or not....He surprises me every moment.....like Dad used to..

Before I could reply him, he calls asking me.. how i wish to paint and posses a fancy car in my own choice of color, that would be iconic and vibrant....and when I asked for a canvas, he said - " my dear I give you a full car to paint"...for Kala Ghoda Festival....that was more surprising....and i was asked to leave the office soon and reach a particular address at Prabhadevi, in Mumbai.

He then informed me over telephone that there are four similar cars each of which shall be painted by people like - Krisnamachari Bose, Pavitra raja Ram, Ratan J. Batliboi.. and from Hafeez Contractor it will be myself....

After I could identify the place and my car that has to be painted, I went back to Bandra and informed my Aunti that i would not be able to return at night. I left home and at around 8-30 p.m.I reached the garage...a small silver color car..amazing and cute...and I was supposed to paint it.....beautify it..and lifting the the brush I started painting the car....trembeling and nervous...representing AHC.....

I painted the whole night and finished painting the car by 6-30 a.m. I went back home and then to office....Boss was surprised to see me at office bang on time...and when he saw the photographs on my mobile..he smiled saying "another good work"....which was sufficient to charge up my spirits for the day's work.

In the evening he gave me another surprise by letting me know that I am supposed to represent him on his behalf in the press conference next day. I was not sure what to say...Pearl Ma'm convinced me on this...and next day happened to be the biggest day of my life...

4 comments:

debarpita mohapatra said...

And u r sharing it after good 2 years!!!
and hats off(read helmets off, as I use it often :P) to your work and being there in office on time...
and really loved the paint scheme :)

PAMELYI KAPOOR said...

:-))thnks

Cinderella said...

Delighted to stumble by your blog Di!
You painted a whole car...boy that's smokey!

And the pic says you've lost oodles of weight..have you?

Nice to read you!

-Pallavini.
(I hope you'll recognize me)

PAMELYI KAPOOR said...

I do remember u Pallavini..

I did paint the car overnight....I hope u liked it..

To to ur suspicion ..yes I ve lost weight..

Keep reading

Cheers..!!

 
Copyright © Rusty Petals